Early snowfall and excellent conditions for the snow machines to belt out tonnes of the white stuff mean the Espace Killy ski area will open tomorrow for the first weekend of the season.
Bookmark our Live pages for all the live lift openings - check which lifts are open before you leave home!
Skiing on Tignes glacier the Grande Motte has been in full flow since early October and the Double M piste, allowing skiing all the way back down to Val Claret from the glacier, opened yesterday.
Tomorrow, the link between Tignes – Val d’Isere will be open via the Toviere cable car and Tufs chairlift, and back to Tignes via the Tommeuses chairlift.
300 km of pistes, 79 ski lifts, 2 glaciers, 1930 m altitude, 2 snow parks, 1 Superpipe, 10,000 hectares.
Be one of the first to try out the new beginners slopes at the summit of the Solaise. Tignes also has a new beginner area with the replacing of the Rosset lift in Tignes Le Lac. Plus on 28 and 29 November head over to Val d’Isere’s Ski Village, in the resort centre, where you can try out all the latest 2016 season ski gear! And conditions are looking great for the opening event of the season – Criterium de la Premiere Neige in Val d’Isere – in comparison to last year when it was cancelled due to lack of snow.
In Val d’Isere all areas will be open – Pissaillas, Iseran, Solaise, Bellevarde and Daille. Ski back to resort at the bottom of La Daille and Solaise area.
In Tignes, open from this weekend is:
Sector Grande Motte
– Cable / Glacier trail access
– Funicular / access to pistes Dahu, Face and Double M
– Lanches / Access Double M
– Vanoise / Rimaye piste access, Dahu, Face
– Rosolin (for race course)
– 3500, Champagny and Panoramic lifts
– Bollin / piste access Bollin
– Tuffs / Henri piste access, Creux
– Tommeuses / access pistes Creux, Edelweiss, Rocs, Crêtes et Violettes
– Toviere / Henri piste access and Creux
– Palafour / access pistes Anémone et Lys
– Grand Huit / access piste Perce-neige
– Tichot / piste access Carline
– Grattalu / piste access Grattalu
– Merles / access pistes Lac and Premou
View and download the updated 2015/16 piste maps for Espace Killy on our Tignes and Val d’Isere Resort Guide pages. Buy your ski passes online here for Tignes and Val d’Isere.
SKI AREA OPENING TIMES
Daily: 8:30 to 5:00 p.m.