This morning we decided to skin up the Col De Ves under a thin layer of cloud. We were out of the breeze that strengthened through the day (eventually closing the cable car) and we soon got quite warm. The light deteriorated around noon, inevitably as we came to descend – which made it a bit tricky as the conditions off piste are variable. The pistes were firm this morning but are holding up well – a top up would be nice! Next week looks to be a bit busier this week with 27,000 vehicles heading up the mountain and 22,000 leaving with empty wallets on Saturday!
As for that top up, the news is more positive – read on:
Tomorrow will start with sunny periods and a few clouds kicking about the peaks. These will clear by lunchtime hopefully. In resort it will be a couple of degrees warmer and in the sun will feel hotter – at height there may be a breeze to cool you off. Saturday should be sunny all day (handy for the major transfer day) and temperatures may be down a tad. Now for Sunday… The weather front is forecast to come further south than suggested yesterday and currently should bring us snow above 1800m – at the moment not a huge amount but more than a dusting. Now, if it were to come another 50 miles south we would be in clover (white of course). On the other hand if it drifts back north it could be nada. It will be windy though – so expect the high lifts to be shut. Monday should be sunny, all being equal – but with the freezing level at around 3000m it will feel warm and any new snow will consolidate quickly. Beyond Monday the confidence in the forecasts is low – let’s leave it at mixed with a chance of some snow.
Check our main LIVE page for Geneva flight arrivals and departures.
Find live road traffic info on our main LIVE page.